The counselors have many resources in place to help students reach their academic potential. These resources include academic counseling groups and individual academic progress monitoring. We recognize the importance of communication with parents to ensure academic success. In addition to the the 6 week progress report/ report cards, the counselors provide parent guidance with the student planner, Google Classroom, and Powerschool. We encourage parents to contact the counselors for conferences regarding student progress and developing a plan for success.
Rogers Middle School and the Lawndale Elementary School Board believes that a diploma from Rogers indicates 3 years of successful progress indicated by the completion of 6th, 7th and 8th grade requirements.
Promotion Requirements include:
- Cumulative Grade Point Average of 2.0 or higher
- An 8th grade student must accumulate no more than 5 U's in Citizenship for all three trimester report cards
- Last trimester, a student must earn no more than 2 U's in Citizenship
- Suspension close to an event may result in exclusion of an activity
- Multiple disciplinary infractions may result in administrative decision to deny an activity
What is G.P.A.?
- Check with your child’s teachers to see if the teacher is available before school, at lunch or after school any day of the week.
- Students can enroll in our RAP afterschool and morning program. This program dedicates time each day to helping students with their homework. Applications are available online.
- Online tutoring is available through Brainfuse. Students can access the tutoring through their Classlinks.